Ventoy Free Download
Ventoy is a tool to create (multi) bootable USB sticks for ISO files. With Ventoy, you don’t need to format the USB stick, again and again, you just need to copy and paste the ISO file to the USB stick and boot it. You can copy many ISO files at a time and Ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them. Both Legacy/CSM/BIOS and UEFI are supported in the same way.
While there are numerous tools that create bootable USB, most of them rely on the OS’s kernel which needs to access the hardware storage media for the source. The idea behind the program is different and entails that the information is saved to runtime memory before booting. Therefore, the OS can determine that the data is booted from a virtual disk, find the source medium needed for the operation, and continue to boot without having to create the standard hook, as with the classic booting.
It is worth mentioning that the tool allows you to add as many ISO files as you want, case in which, you are welcomed by a menu following the boot. The program supports ISO files over 4 GB as well native UEFI and Legacy BIOS and it works with dozens of operating systems, as the developer states there have been more than 160 files tested.
- Simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from an iso file, no extraction is needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (since 1.0.07+) Notes
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most types of OS supported, 200+ iso files tested
- Not only boot but also complete the installation process
- “Ventoy Compatible” concept
- Plugin Framework
- Read-only to USB drive during boot
- USB normal use unaffected
- Data nondestructive during a version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released